Discover How Busy Parent Can Help Their Children Think, Lear, Succeed and Become Masters of Their Own Learning.
What inspired us to do “Mind Power Series”
We have been teaching children ranging from 3 to 12 years of age for the past ten years, teaching Math, English, Art and Memory Techniques. Our method of teaching is based on just one principle – FUN.
Fun learning is smart learning and children must enjoy, and have fun while learning and this has been our main focus in all our programs. We have witness children whom we have nurtured grown into individuals who are able to discover their own gifts, and talents and knowing how to think and learn creatively and how to have fun while learning. Fun Kids
“Mind Power Series” is well grounded in research and practical experience of working with individual children ranging from 4 to 7 years old, and we would like to share with you the strategies which we have been using to help them develop their:
- individual gifts and talents
- thinking skills- information processing skills, creative thinking skills, reasoning skills and drawing skills
- individual creativity
Parenting is a tough job but it can be fun and rewarding when you know how
Most parents do not have enough time and even for those who have, do not know the proper techniques on how to nurture their children to unlock their individual gifts, creativity, thinking, and learning. We have noticed parents buying many books – activity books, mazes, word search, puzzles for their children to do. Many of these books end up in the shelves collecting dust, or the children just doing the first few pages of the books and then tucked in the bookshelf forgotten.
Parents told us their concerns and worries about their child:
- has no imagination
- has a poor memory
- does not like to read books
- does not know how to think
- my child hates math
- my child is too quiet
- does not know how to read
- loves computer games more than books
- I do not know how to teach my child
Sensing their frustrations inspired us to do “Mind Power Series”
Parenting is a tough job, but the key to helping your child emerge a genius is to give your child the opportunity to be creative, and the confidence to express their individual ideas – the important beginning essentials in early childhood education. We debated on how we can effectively help parents to know how to develop, and nurture their children individual talents and creativity, bringing out the best in them:
- giving them a book of theories for the parent to read, the source for the right materials themselves to teach the child or
- a book of activities which both parent and child can immediately use together – with short notes for the parent to know how to guide the child along while they are doing the activities
We decided on the book of activities as theories are just theories if they are not put into practice. The book of activities benefits both parent and child:
- children can do the activities themselves as they are designed to be user-friendly or
- doing them with their parent who will be given the short notes to guide them on how to tap into the child’s curiosity, what appropriate questions to ask to train them on the many thinking skills thus knowing how to help their child think like a genius
WHAT IS “MIND POWER SERIES”?
“Mind Power Series” is a series of three e-books created and designed for the busy parents in mind – Math Power is Fun, English Power is Fun and Brain Power is Fun.
- Practical, fun, engaging activities – crossword puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, mazes, how to draw creatively, word searches, hunt for hidden pictures, riddles and code breakers to stimulate the thinking skills of children age between 4 to 7 years of age.
- Not just any activity book but packed with a whole new set of creative thinking skills concepts based on our 10 years of practical experience teaching children.
- Each book progresses from easy, medium to challenging. Age is not material here as we focus on the ability of the child. A 4-year old can even proceed to challenging level when they are ready. It is recommended that parents and teachers challenge the child’s abilities, but NOT present material or information that is too far beyond the child’s level. It is also recommended that parents use a wide variety of concrete experiences to help the child learn.
- To help busy parents know their kids better by discovering, and unlocking their individual gifts and creativity to develop their thinking and learning skills.
- Requires minimal supervision from parents who do not have enough time, but yet love to equip their children with the knowledge, and skills to become masters of their own learning. This series is written with this very fact in mind.
- It is not a book of theories where the parents have to crack their brain, and waste precious time in finding suitable materials to bring out the best in their children, but this is a series of well-thought activities which emphasizes on thinking skills to help your children think and learn the fun way.
- Parents will not feel lost as the activities show parents in which thinking skill the child is practicing.
- Parents will be guided with short notes on how to get the best out of the activities to develop the child’s independent thinking skills.
- Your children will have endless hours of fun reading and doing the various and different intellectual activities from math to word puzzles, riddles to code-cracking fun hilarious games.
- Your children can also use the 3 ebooks as coloring books as all the activities are in black and white to develop their fine motor skills.
EXERCISE AND TRAIN YOUR CHILD’S MIND WITH THIS FANTASTIC SERIES!
Brain Power is Fun
Brain Power is Fun is packed with 120 fun and challenging activities which train the children’s ability to think, and find the solutions themselves independently and when they are lost in the process, parents will be guided on how to teach effectively by asking appropriate questions using a very simple, and effective technique to lead their children to the solutions.
These activities range from puzzles, riddles to the number, and code-cracking games specially designed to develop the children’s ability, and growth of skills to think and develop their natural creativity and curiosity.
English Power is Fun
English Power is Fun has 127 activities using poetry, nursery rhymes, and storytelling to cultivate the children’s love for the language. Nursery rhymes are fun and enrich a child’s vocabulary through their short, simple texts.
Rhymes stay with us throughout our lives as they are passed from one generation to another.
Nursery rhymes have a musical quality incorporating language rhythm, patterns, and rhymes in every verse which fascinates children to develop their language.
Storytelling is a creative way to train a child to use their imagination, and develop language and literacy skills.
Math Power is Fun
Math Power is Fun has 121 activities to build the essential knowledge of basic mathematical concepts like :
- classify -the ability to group like objects based on their characteristics
- seriation – the ability to sort objects in a logical series according to size, check numbers – learning about quantity, amount, addition, and subtraction
- symbols -learning how to use symbols to solve a problem
- spatial relationships – children with well developed spatial skills are very creative, dramatic, artistic an musical
- time – understanding time which can be a Herculean task for some children
- reversibility – the ability to understand that numbers can be changed, then returned to their original states such as 2+4=6 and 6-4=2
- de-centering – the ability to find a solution to a problem
We have observed many times that when children are given the whole book to do, they never get to finish the book and they skip the pages, only doing the activities which attracted them. We decided on an e-book for its many benefits :
- parents can break the e-book into smaller booklets of 10 or 15 pages according to individual children. We have observed that the children finish the whole booklet, and they ask with eagerness for the next set of the booklet.
- children are bubbling with enthusiasm when they are given a new activity book to do, and most of them can spend the whole day doing the activities, but by the next day, their enthusiasm drops, boredom sets in and the book chucked into the bookshelf forgotten. However if parents “feed” them daily with smaller booklets, parents can effectively manage the time, and the number of activities for the child and play with suspense to keep their enthusiasm alive.
- some children “freak out” when they are handed a big pile of activities to do. They felt robbed of their playing time, and the activities no matter how good they are would be of no benefit to the child.
- more flexibility. Parents can re-arrange the sequence of the activities for the child to do – if you wish your child to practice on drawing skills – sort them into a booklet, or if you wish them to recognize new words – sort the puzzles into a booklet.
- parents can let the child do the same activity again if the child asks for it without having to buy the whole book again. We have observed that some children ask to do an activity again as the pictures or the stories might have intrigued them.
“Mind Power Series”:
has been specifically designed so that children can either do the activities themselves, or doing them together with the parents. The attention span of the children should be given concern, and the individual child should be given the opportunity to do the activities at their own pace.
:“Mind Power Series”
has been designed to involve the children in the many areas of thinking skills, and parents are guided on how, and what questions to ask as this harnesses curiosity, develops thinking skills, improves logic and reasoning, and provides the opportunity to children to form their own individual thoughts and ideas.
“Mind Power Series”:
shows parents how to tap into their children’s curiosity, natural talents, and creativity. This series is packed with activities to help children develop their thinking and learning skills, and by doing the activities, the children will be practicing the many thinking skills best illustrated in this mind map below.
“MIND POWER SERIES” is what every parent should have for their child as it is not just an activity book, but a book which gives practical training tips to both parent, and child on how to have fun, bonding and memorable moments together as your child discovers, and develops their natural talents and creativity the fun way and how to think like a genius.