A sense of purpose leads to happiness
Having a sense of purpose in your life goes a long way to helping you feel confident, secure and happy. A sense of purpose can be brought about by anything in life, it can be related to your career, bringing up a family or doing voluntary work. It is all about fitting in and feeling you are making a difference in life, that you are achieving something and getting somewhere.
If you have a sense of purpose in life you have something to look forward to every day, a reason for getting up out of bed in the morning with a smile, it makes you feel good on the outside and so good on the inside. It leads to a more confident person who is happy with their position in life.
Younger people very often have no problem developing a purpose in life, they are just starting out and the majority of them have exams to pass, careers to start building, meeting the opposite sex, dating, marrying and eventually starting their own families. The majority of the younger generation has a lot to look forward to and so have a sense of purpose in life.
However the older we get, uncertainty can set in and we can start wondering about our purpose in life. Perhaps the children have grown up and are no longer dependant on you. Relationships break up or we reach retirement age and no longer have our work as a purpose in life.
The older generation then has to develop a new sense of purpose in life, luckily there are many ways you can achieve this, and here are some of the more common ones.
- Take up a new hobby and do something you have always wanted to do but have never had the time before.
- Join a social club, there are many social clubs which let people of the same age group meet on a regular basis and enjoy coffee and chatting. A lot of these groups have activities you can take part in and outings to attend.
- Join an exercise group either locally or at a gym, there are various types of exercise you can take part in without being too strenuous. Swimming meets are a great idea for the older person.
- Take up a sport such a tennis or bowling e.t.c.
- Visit family and friends on a regular basis and have them come over for dinner
- Take up some voluntary work for a few hours every day, it gives you a sense of purpose and gets you out of the house.
- Take a part-time job that you can adequately cope with for a few hours per week.
- Take a walk in the park and say hello to passers-by, very often you will meet other people who are in the same boat as you; you can make new friends just about anywhere.
- Visit a dating agency and get back into meeting the opposite sex again, it’s never too late to start a relationship.
Personal Development for Prosperity
Developing yourself spiritually, emotionally, mentally and physically can lead to a happier life, personal development largely depends on mastering a few basic skills and implementing them in your life. The basics of personal development are managing your time more successfully, setting realistic goals, understanding yourself and building self-worth and self-esteem and having a purpose in life.
In order to gain personal development, it is essential that you know who you really are, while this might sound silly, very few people realize their true self-worth and what they are capable of achieving. Only by realizing the difference you make to the world, what holds you back from achieving what you want out of life and how to fully develop yourself to reach what you want, can you then begin to develop.
Changes don’t happen overnight
Any changes that you make are going to require time and effort on your part; they won’t happen overnight simply because you want to change. You must set your mind to devoting your efforts to what you want to change and develop and focus on them until you get there.
As mentioned before if you want to develop yourself then you have to have a solid base from which to work from, you have to be aware of whom you are. Once you discover this it brings a whole new meaning and purpose to life, by taking a long deep look at ourselves we discover everything there is to know and we bring out our creative side more. We open the door to our intuition and let go of our imagination, which many of us don’t use to its full extent, and we are able to develop these feelings.
Key points to the personal development
The key points to personal development are include: knowing what it is you want from life and how you will achieve it, breaking free from your beliefs that you have limits and letting go of thoughts and emotions that have held you back, becoming more in tune with yourself and letting your intuition and creative side out, understanding why you make a difference, and successfully changing your thoughts, feelings and way of thinking so you can continue expanding.
As young children, we don’t hold back or deny ourselves anything as we are growing, and due to this, we continue to grow and develop from a child into an adult. We continually learn and adapt and better ourselves. Young children don’t seem to have the fears that we develop as adults, life is so much simpler and easier to cope with and deal with, a child’s mind is open and they continually use their imagination and intuition, they are not afraid of what they can and cannot do. It is only when we reach adulthood we hold ourselves back and make things complicated, we still use our mind but we use it the wrong way, we turn it in on ourselves.